Background template

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Have you hugged your Registered Dietitian today?

In case you weren’t aware, yesterday (3/10) was the first annual Registered Dietitian Day! Exciting, I know. While this doesn’t affect me as profoundly and personally as National Cereal Day, this special day does affect a dear friend of mine, so it is certainly worth mentioning. At this time I’d like to give a shout out to Miss Beth Cavender, the greatest Registered Dietitian that I know (and the only one, for that matter:o).

Beth and I met when she joined me in the intern program with the student ministry at WHPC back in August 2005. We spent a year together attempting to stay sane and not kill any of the kids or our co-workers (or each other) while we learned the ins and outs of youth ministry. We have been great buddies ever since, especially now that I have relocated to Richmond/Rosenberg (her old stomping ground). We are even in a Bible Study that meets together on Monday nights, so I get to see her smiling face on a weekly basis, if not more!

Anyway, Beth is currently a dietitian for a nursing home (Beth, correct me if this is false). My favorite thing about this Registered Dietitian friend of mine is that she is not a food nazi. While she will happily spout out all of the nutritional information for a food I’m eating if I ask her to, she never does it without being first prompted. And forgive me for incriminating you here, Beth, but when we were interns and I would daily inhale the ever-present supply of M&M’s on Treb’s desk, she never scolded me, and often joined in on the shameless candy eating.

So here’s to you, Registered Dietitians! Cheers!

To all my readers: if any of you have a national holiday in honor of your career (or if you just really want me to blog about you), please let me know and I’ll be happy to whip something up! Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Thanks Amanda :) I feel so important!! And thanks for all the encouragement in the candy eating, I couldn't have done it without you.

BeckyRos said...

When is National Cereal Day? Does Beth eat cereal...I love cereal!!

BeckyRos said...

By the way...what does one do on National Cereal Day? Do we get any free cereal?

slc newlyweds said...

Hooray for Beth! And, I think we should totally be getting free cereal on National Cereal Day...